Jul 22, 2015

Birds on a Wire Altered Tag

Tag 1
I stamped this birds on a wire tag for the Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday July Challenge.  The theme this month is die cuts and I am enamored with my new Tim Holtz leafy dies!  I could add these to every project from now on...  I wanted to do a tag on a tag and decided to create a little pocket for the smaller tag with my stamped birds.
tag 2
For the text, I played around with masking off parts of some stamps to get the words I wanted.  One said "Life itself is a wonderful adventure" and the other "Imagination can carry us to worlds that never were."  Post-it notes work great for masking.
tag 4
I think every stamper I know now has this birds on a wire stamp.  I fell in love with this brown floral print on cream Authentique paper and loved it the way it was, as you can see in the scalloped border above the birds, but decided to ink it with Distress inks to create the base of this tag.  I need to remember to alter my scrapbook paper to suit my projects and not the other way around...
tag 5
Vintage seam binding and a 7Gypsies charm.  The ticket stamp is by Tin Can Mail.
tag 6
These colors always feel like home for me!  Hope you've enjoyed a peek at this project.  I'm linking up to the July 2015 Simon Says Stamp Work in Wednesday Challenge HERE.
tag 7

workitwedbanner

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty tag! The birds look darling! Love the pretty color palette!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Beautiful tag and so much to look at. Love it. x

sarascloset said...

Beautiful tag! I love your color choices and those birds on the wire really pop! Thank you for your sweet comment on your blog. I've had a looksee here, and love what I'm seeing, so I am your latest follower!

Popular Posts