Jul 29, 2015

Verve July Inspiration Sensational Stripes Card

Card 1
 I am thrilled to share my July 2015 Verve Inspiration Challenge card for the theme Sensational Stripes.  I was so in love with this month's challenge colors, but very sad that I didn't have any paper in those colors...
card 2
 But just like every stampaholic, somewhere buried in my stash I found exactly what I needed!  I combined two different My Mind's Eye mini pads with a sheet of Authentique and came up with this rather lovely grouping.  YAY ME!  I took the scraps and cut some flowers and added some vintage seam binding to my stamped tag.
card 3
 I wanted to layer this blue label die in somehow, but didn't like covering that beautiful grey paper, so after much agonizing, I came up with the idea to cut it in half and piece at the top and bottom.  I thought it would have been cool to attach string to each piece, but that seemed to detract from my layout.
card 4
 I decided a row of pearls on the top and bottom would really make this card fun!  Lastly, I stamped the pretty little stem and stuffed it behind the flower.  Love using my stamps to make embellishments!
card 5
 And there you have it, my Sensational Stripes & layered goodness.  I am so excited to have found Verve stamps.  I simply adore the sentiments and scripture Julee creates!  GUSH!
card 6
I'm linking up to the July challenge HERE.  Remember to celebrate every moment.  It's a gift!  I'm giving this card to my friend Mrs. Radke, who will be 81 on Tuesday.  She makes every day feel like a birthday, with her love and friendship!  Happy birthday!
Verve

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card.....I love all the layers . Love the elegance the row of pearls adds to your card, great take on the mood board.
ps...thank you so much for the kind comments you left me, I really appreciate it:) I'm happy to follow you too. Have a great day

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Pure shabby goodness! Such a delightful card. Thanks for playing along with our Sensational Stripes challenge!

Linda Manning Findley said...

Lovely ... I like working with strips and then polka dots comes in next ...

Popular Posts