Sep 24, 2015

DIY Patterned Paper Distressed Floral Card

card 1
I really had fun making my own designer paper as I shared with you in THIS post.  Honestly, I just want to sit in  my art room for the next ten days straight and do this over and over again in different color schemes and with new stamps and varied materials.  It was FUN!!!  I haven't received this kind of artistic thrill in a while, so yay!  But much to my surprise, the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday is No Designer Paper.  I mean how ironic?!  So I decided last night to play with some of my pieces and make a card.
card 3
 One of my bestest friends is traveling to England for FOUR LONG MONTHS and I am going to be visiting her next week, so I wanted to make her a super altered, grungy card.  I pulled out this Christine Adolph stamp by Stampington & Co. and put it to work, stamping in Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and shading with colored pencils.
card 3
 This Unity sentiment stamp was perfect, exactly how I feel about my sweet friend.  The doily is a new die from MFT and I am so very happy to have won it.  :)  :)  :)  I applied some white Distress paint over it to tone down the color and add variation.
card 4
I finished this card in 10 minutes at midnight last night, after staying up late for a family movie night.  It was so easy to use the papers I premade intentionally coordinating.  I added some DIY tattered and torn ribbon (tutorial HERE) for the MMCC optional element.
paper lineup
I'm linking up to SSS for the No Designer Paper challenge HERE and to the Mixed Media Card Challenge for their Friendship challenge HERE.  
MMCC SSS

4 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love self made background papers!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous art work, love the card!

Yenni Natalia said...

So gorgeous. i bet your friend does not even know that you made the pattern papers because it is equally gorgeous as those on the shops ^_^. love this awesome style. not for me though, i hate my hands get inky..heheheh

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous background. So much texture, colour and distressing. Amazing! I love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp No Designer Paper Challenge.
Gayatri

Popular Posts