Sep 15, 2015

Verve Stamped and Layered Happy Place Flower Card

card 1
My Viva la Verve September Week 2 Sketch entry using the Happy Place stamps. I decided to make a paper flower from the Verve flower stamp.  I stamped three images, cutting each one out smaller than the next.  This stamp is perfectly designed with such layers.  I sponged the edges in Cracked Pistachio Distress ink, then curled the petals similar to my DIY paper flowers in THIS tutorial.
sketch
I was just so pleased to use some of the sunburst paper in my collection for the circle elements in this sketch.  I have had a hard time with thinking of new ways to use the many circles found in VLV sketches.
card 2
This amazing burlap trim was a clearance find at Michael's for 50 cents.  :)
card 3
I just love this stamp so much more now!  It is so different compared with THIS card or THIS card where I've used it.
card 4
And I have to tell you this little happy sentiment is one of my favorites, just darling!
card 5
I'm linking up to VLV for the September week 1 challenge HERE and to Simon Says Stamp Monday for their I Love This Technique challenge HERE.  I simply LOVE making paper flower embellishments using the technique mentioned above!  :)

6 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Beautiful card! Love your handmade bloom and that paper works perfectly with the circles!!

Chan said...

What a great card, Autumn!! I love the dimensional flower you made -- and your DIY paper flower tutorial, too! I love how you used the sunburst paper for the circle in the sketch, and that burlap trim is so cute -- what a great find! :o)

Yenni Natalia said...

Beautiful card you show here. You did use busy pattern papers but still looks stunning. i would have hard time to make similar card ^_^.

Sue said...

Delightful vintage warm feeling with this beautiful card!

Sandra said...

Wonderful card, the flowers is amazing and love the pattern papers! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, how fabulous! Love how that patterned paper makes everything shine! Just beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

Popular Posts