Oct 13, 2015

Penny Black Fall Mixed Media Tag

tag 1
 Mixed Media time again and I'm playing with Penny Black stamps to create some altered style and distressed projects in preparation for my guest design spot at Penny Black & More Challenge Blog in November.  I am overjoyed and have been digging through my (and my mom's!) PB collection and have begun to play!  The thing I love about Penny Black is the versatility - from elegant to distressed to just plain cute!  I'll be celebrating all month long with PB projects, so check back soon.  I have already started a pile-o-projects!  :)
tag 2
 I used several distress inks to create the background, then embossed a script image in gold for a dose of texture.  Next I stamped text randomly, then glued some tissue paper over parts of the tag.  I added a doily and leaf/DIY paper flower bundle from THIS tutorial.
tag 3
 I stamped the butterfly in Walnut Ink and Aged Mahogany onto kraft paper and added some white shading with a Prismacolor pencil.  I made a loopy bow from hand dyed silk ribbon.  And didn't feel like the tag was complete until I added the beautiful hymn sentiment (Verve).  I just love adding encouragement and scripture to my pieces.  <3
tag 4
I'm playing along with Country View Challenges for their Add Some Texture Challenge HERE, with Frilly and Funkie for their Autumn Splendor Challenge HERE, with Penny Black Saturday Challenge Embossing HERE, and with Penny Black & More Warm Autumn Colors HERE.

18 comments:

brenda said...

Beautiful Autumnal colours Autumn, as always you have combined such depth of colour and texture.

It's a perfect creation for out theme this month, many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

cotnob said...

This is stunning, such beautiful colours and wonderful depth.
Pauline
x

Michele K. Henderson said...

LOVE these bright colors! Beautiful tag!
Take care!
Michele

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, what a beautiful tag. I love the colors and the fabulous bloom.

Nancy Dynes said...

Hi Autumn!
I adore your beautiful tag. The gorgeous handmade flower really takes center stage and makes the perfect focal point. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
Hugs,
Nancy

sarascloset said...

Autumn, your tag is GORGEOUS! The background is beautiful on it's own, but with the bold blossom and those dark, crisp autumn leaves it's been popped up about 20 notches! I love that you've included the scripture on it...so perfect for this! Hugs!

brenda said...

HI again Autumn, just popped over to thank you for your kind visits and comments. Was hoping to sign up as a follower but don's see the Google Friends option and I don't subscribe to Google +.

B x

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous autumn colours and that flower is a stunner!
Alison x

craftytrog said...

What a gorgeous bloom! I love the layers and composition of your beautiful tag Autumn!
Alison xx

Marlena M. said...

Your tag is absolutely gorgeous! I was excited to see another Army wife in blogland~thanks for stopping by. ;) Oh, and congratulations on your guest design spot coming up!

Greta said...

You're an amazing artisit! Gorgeous Fall tag with so many beautifully combined elements! Thank you for joining us at PBSC!

Mimi said...

Wow, I really love this. I bet it was fun to make! I have to say, those dark leaves really are perfect... good eye!

Jenny Marples said...

A beautiful Autumnal tag. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Cec said...

Gorgeous fall tag. All the elements and the colour palette are perfect for the season. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Whisper said...

Simply stunning and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

Yenni Natalia said...

So in love with this tag. the elements and colour pallets. ^_^

sarascloset said...

Autumn, I'm so happy you won at Frilly and Funkie with this tag! Hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

Oops... I'm back to say thanks so much for playing along at Country View Challenges.
Alison x

Popular Posts