Oct 1, 2015

Tall Skinny Latte Fall Coffee Card

card 1

Tall and Skinny - just the way I like my lattes, so how fun was it to play with this week's Mojo Monday sketch and THESE adorable freebies from Verve Stamps.  This week has really been a blast and I have enjoyed the fellowship with other card makers more than I can say.  One of my absolute favorites along the way was THIS card, with another cool freebie.  Unfortunately, I don't have a way to use the cutting file.  Yet, I couldn't get away from the concept so I decided to apply it to this cool sketch.  I inserted each image into Publisher and layered them into groups, then glued the paper onto manila cardstock and cut out each stack.  I watercolored them with SU! Really Rust, and Distress Inks in Frayed Burlap, Mustard, and Peeled Paint.  I gave a splash of Walnut Stain at the end to grunge it up a bit more.

sketch

card 2

The dotty paper is an all time favorite by BoBunny and the stripes are by G45.  I wasn't going to add bling for the dots in the design and decided to do a group of distressed tears instead, but in the end I added the bling...  I do love those tears though!

card 3

For the stripe across the card I added a bundled bow of pumpkin twine.  The sentiment was colored with a puddle of Really Rust ink and the edges were torn and tattered too.

card 4

Thanks so much to every single one of you who left me a sweet comment throughout the week and to the super sponsors of this fabulous event!  Woo hoo!  I'm linking up to the Coffee Lovers Fall 2015 Bloghop HERE, to Mojo Monday #417 HERE, to Craft-Dee BowZ for their Anything Goes w/ a Ribbon challenge HERE, and to SSS Wednesday for their Anything Goes challenge HERE.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

38 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Eeek! Love, love, love! So many sweet little cups and the perfect amount of distress. Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Ashwini Rao said...

Its a beautiful card! Love those autumn colors! Lots of little cups, lots of coloring and fantastic arranging and usage of these digi images!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card! Love the pretty Autumn colors and fabulous texture!

New Creations said...

Truly a tall one with all cute cups, cleverly designed, awesome job done!

Helen F. said...

Oh my gosh! LOVE this card design~so beautifully colored too!

Jinny Newlin said...

How fun is this?! "Tall and Skinny"... LOL! I LOVE it! And all your little pumpkins and leaves and textures are perfectly delightful!

D.Ann C said...

I love that cool stack of cards and terrific distressing!

Shelly said...

Ooooh, LOVE this!!

Becca Yahrling said...

Ths is really awesome - just love it! Coloring is great. LOVE the distressing A LOT!

Ceal said...

Fabulous cad, I love how you stacked the cups, thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

love this, love the colors, the cups and the sentiment the background is fabulous too!

Words and Pictures said...

Love those delightful tiny coffee cups - and they look wonderful all piled up here. Fabulous corrugated texture in the background and the vivid autumn colours are so cheerful and heart-warming.
Alison x

Ann said...

Wonderful, love all those cups stacked up.

Lisa said...

Wow! This coffee card is awesome to say the least!!! Love everything about it!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

This takes the coffee bomb!!! LOVE all the little cups, and what a great Fall feeling! MMMM..I need a latte now.

None None said...

Oh my goodness - this card is just awesome! Love how you stacked those cups up and colored them in, grunged them up and then distressed the card. Just an awesome fall card!!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, wow, wow but I do love this card!!!

Sylvia said...

Hi Autumn, I love your tall and skinny lattes! Love the colors, too! Happy hopping!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I grabbed this free digi and you really did a good job on changing the images. Great job.

~amy~ said...

Oh my....I absolutely ADORE this!

Connie Mercer said...

gorgeous card!

Hetty said...

Awesome card for the sketch! Deliciously looking.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO awesome, love how you stacked all those cute cups!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the cups and the torn edges!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

So fabulous, fun and creative! Well done!

Babs said...

Love the lush colour and how you have distressed the edges of your papers great layout and a gorgeous card too...
Thank You for stopping by my blog today and leaving such a lovely comment it was very kind of you...
Babs...x

Happy Dance said...

Utterly fabulous! Love what you've done with those little cups. Right about now, I could use that many tall and skinnies! This must have been so much work to put together, but it was so worth it; it's really lovely. Fantastic card. Bev

Lisa said...

Awesome! Love what you did with that digi... love your style... beautiful card!

Ewa S. said...

Fabulous card!

Annie said...

Love your card!! Thanks for sharing this inspiration! ~Annie

VanessaB said...

So cool. Love this! !

Helen Gullett said...

WOW... your card is beautiful with amazing distress coloring technique. The background is super cool :)

AmethystCat said...

this is great - look at all the work with all those cups and the texture of the card is awesome!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Great card! I love the look of the row of coffee cups! Fun!
Take care!
Michele

Cindy C. said...

Gorgeous distress look!!!

Caryn said...

Amazing - this is such a cool card.
Thanks for playing along in this week's Anything Goes Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says Stamp.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

lalkygirl said...

Love this fab card ,love the colour choices and great distressed edges
Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ and good luck in the challenge
Tracey X

Unknown said...

I just LOVE how you used these cute digistamps! Fantastic fall card :)

Popular Posts