Nov 3, 2015

Penny Black Christmas Ornament Altered Tag

tag 1
Welcome to my Penny Black week-long celebration!  I was tickled to be the guest designer for November over at Penny Black Stamps & More Challenge blog.  I'd love for you go pay a visit and let them know if you enjoy my creations this week.  Thanks!  Today I am sharing a mixed media, altered style tag created purely with Penny Black stamps.
tag 2
For my background I created a Distress ink puddle of Vintage Photo and dipped my tag into it, drying between layers.  Next I stamped the Winter Berries at the top in Peeled Paint and Crushed Olive.
tag 3
Along the bottom I stamped Winter Bough in Bundled Sage.  Lastly, I stamped Music Background in Frayed Burlap.  I spritzed my stamps with water after inking on each of stamps.  Next, I stamped Holly Christmas in Aged Mahogany and then used my inks to watercolor around it.
tag 4
I embossed Ornament and Scroll Ornament in gold, then dipped them into Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage, and Aged Mahogany ink puddles.  I went back and sponged some ink to make the color more variegated.
tag 5
Finally I mounted my ornaments to the tag and pierced holes to string the jute, an old Tim Holtz idea from one of his original Christmas tags.  I embellished with a loopy organza bow and a gold filigree border sticker.  Penny Black's watercolor stamping techniques blew me away years ago and caused me to fall in love with the company.  I am so excited to be showcasing their stamps this week.  I'm linking up to Penny Black Stamps & More for their Anything Christmas challenge HERE, to Penny Black Saturday Embossing challenge HERE, to 4 Crafty Chicks for their Anything Goes challenge HERE, and to Sparkles Christmas Challenge for their Christmas Decorations Challenge HERE.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Autumn! You are my winner from the His Kingdom Come blog hop!! Can you please send me your e-mail address so I can give you more information!!

Tamie said...

Simply fantastic Christmas tag. I love the ornaments and the gold embossing. Gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing and share your amazing creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

Tamie DT

Fabiola said...

Superbe tag, très chic, biz

Anonymous said...

oh, wow, this is a beautiful tag! i love the traditional colours and i especially love the ornaments! thank you so much for sharing another of your lovely creations as a guest designer with us this month at penny black and more!
linda

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous tag Autumn! Congrats! You are one of the winners of my Blog Celebration. See my blog for details for the post on Nov. 3rd. Thanks so much for entering. Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning tag Autumn - love all the elements you have incorporated into this beauty.
Blessings
Maxine

brenda said...

A lovely Christmas tag Autumn and love your choice of colours, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More this month.

B x

brenda said...

A lovely Christmas tag Autumn and love your choice of colours, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More this month.

B x

Petra Swart said...

Another wonderful tag, Autumn!!! Love the great vintage look and the colours!!! The ornaments and the bows are beautiful!!! Just great!!!!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous tag...love the vintage feel.
Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog.
hugs,
Karen

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful tag love the rich colours and the baubles
hugs
lorraine x

Yenni Natalia said...

i really love the this tag. so rich in colours and lovely gold emboss makes thing so grand.

Cazro said...

A gorgeous taf, I love your baubles, beautiful design. Thanks for joining in the fun at Sparkles Christmas Challenges Caz DT

CherylQuilts said...

Autumn, what a gorgeous Christmas tag, and I love the ornaments and the beautiful color and background you've achieved! And the organza ribbon is a delight! I am way behind in commenting, but I'll get there. But I've so loved seeing your work, sweet friend! Hugs!

Mervi said...

Fabulous tag with gorgeous colours.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more November Challenge;-))m

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Helen said...

A really great piece of artwork - thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas.

Helen x

Popular Posts