Sep 1, 2016

Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout for Scrap Africa

LO 1

Don’t let your jaw hit the floor, but I have created a scrapbook layout for my invitation to guest design for Scrap Africa.  I’ve saved scrapbooking for when I hit “empty nest syndrome” and though I’m not quite there, I do have a daughter that will graduate high school this year.  My very first true scrapbook layout with my own photo just had to be of her senior portraits.  She has big dreams and I look forward to watching her reach every single goal!



I was so excited when I saw this amazing sketch – how cool!

LO 2

To create my circle, I used my finger to apply texture paste round and round my canvas.  When I had formed an even circle, I took a skewer and scribed into the circle to create the ridges.

LO 3

I added crackle paste to the edges and let it dry overnight.  I used Glimmer Mist sprays to color my background.

LO 4

I used a mix of glitter, beads and mica chips to add interest.  The “beautiful” die is by Verve.

LO 5

The red flowers and leaves are by Prima.  I added some torn crocheted lace and cheesecloth.  I hope you will be inspired by this sketch to play along with the current challenge at Scrap Africa.

LO 6
I'm also sharing with:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

Susan said...

This is fantastic! Love all the textures. And, wow, when did your little girl grow up into such a beautiful young woman?!

Redanne said...

Your daughter is indeed a very beautiful young lady and you have surrounded her with beautiful texture and THE most gorgeous flowers. If this was mine I would be framing this and putting it up on the wall! A wonderful interpretation of the sketch! Hugs, Anne xx

Donna Ellis said...

I've picked my jaw up off the floor - and BOY AM I JELLO! LOL Wonderful keepsake for your soon-to-be journaling and scrapbooking, Autumn. I kept saying the same thing and still have not done anything about it. So I now keep saying, maybe 2017 will be my year to start?

Loving the circular texture to draw the viewer's attention to the enter. It's a beautiful wreath, with great paint elements! And a beautiful daughter, too! Congratulations on getting started! Hope your week-end is sweet! hugs, de

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Autumn - love this - the fabulous texture, and how you have taken the colours from the photos out to the background. Absolutely amazing.
Blessings
Maxine

crafty-stamper said...

congrats on your GDT -and WOW stunning layout designed for your beautiful daughter that deserves to be framed and on display-fabulous wreath you created and fabulous texture-love every little detail
Carol x

Sue said...

And it's another WOW from me! If I had seen that sketch I would have scrolled on by, but you have turned it into a masterpiece, and the fact that it is so personal to you makes it even better xx

Vintagehandmade said...

OMG, Autumn, what a brilliant way to display that amazing photo of your gorgeous daughter! All I want to do is to touch that fabulous texture! It's spectacular, my friend! Big hugs to you! Branka xx

Linda Manning Findley said...

OMG ... Autumn I can't believe she is graduating high school ... I still have her in my head as that sweet little girl that ran into your art room here in TX to see what we were doing ... and by the way great layout

Tsaima Eirini said...

Just so beautiful and amazing work!!!Love to have you together in our sweet team in Scrap Africa for this month.Thank you for entering Mixed Media Place...Please post the picture of challenge too, in order to be a valid entrance...Love you...

talkis23 said...

Love it !!!! Thanks for playing at Mixed Media Place challenge ❤️

A Pink said...

Absolutely beautiful ! Autumn both your layout and your daughter . Love the whole circular texture you have created as inspired by the sketch. Good Wishes for your daughter as she graduates High school .
Congratulations on your Gd spot .
hugs x

Jinny Newlin said...

That is a great sketch, and what a great take on it, too! Totally in love with those mica flakes! Absolutely gorgeous!

Denise van Deventer said...

Your layout is fabulous and you did a fabulous job with the sketch. Love the colours and the fab photo's of your daughter! ;-) Thanks ever so much for Guest designing for us at Scrap Africa...I really do appreciate it! xx

Unknown said...

Brilliant colors. Thank you for participating in the Mixed Media Place challenge!

Popular Posts