Oct 18, 2016

Metallic Elegance Mary and Child 12 Tags of Christmas


I'm back with you sharing my Christmas card inspired by The Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas.  For my week 3 card, I was inspired by Linda's use of black and gold.  I did not have any products similar to those Linda used but I tried to keep the regal feel.


I thought I would play and develop a new background technique, so I started by spritzing my watercolor panel with water then quickly brushing IndigoBlu's Metallic Acrylic Paint in Goldfinger over the panel.  I had planned to lay a sheet of scrap paper over it and couldn't grab one quick enough so I pulled this plastic wrap packaging from the trash and quickly wrinkled it onto my paint.  Next I dipped my loaded paintbrush into water and mixed on my craft mat and splattered my panel.  I further cleaned my brush by wiping any excess paint along the edges of my panel.  I used gold texture paste through a Prima stencil for texture.  Then I sprayed both black & gold Glimmer Mist and Brown Lindy's Stamp Gang spray to darken it up.


You know those projects that are impossible to photograph, well this is one of them!  I just wish you could hold this in your hands to see the beautiful color variation and metallic shine - BUT - since you can't, imagine with me and trust me that this is so much prettier in person.


I stamped this Stampington & Company stamp in black onto inky paper.  I layered it over a prima doily die in brown.  I also stamped the IndigoBlu Script Background stamp in black in the open areas of my background.


The sentiment is also an oldie, but I love it!  Perfect for the season.  I wanted to try and keep an elegant feel so I layered a neutral bow and flower by Recollections.  The photos turned the flower pink, but it's not IRL.  The card base is metallic brown, a bit lighter than the doily.


To see all of my 12 Tags of Christmas click HERE.

Find these amazing products at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Today!


I'm sharing with:

29 comments:

brenda said...

Love everything about this one Autumn, such intensity of colour and textures as well.

B x

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how regal - I can imagine the depth and gleam of the various golds you have used, sounds amazing!!
Blessings
Maxine

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, Autumn - regal and artsy - loving and beautiful. Thank you for sharing your creative process - great idea to use the acrylics first, and the the gold paste! I wish I could remember to do all these amazing things when I am playing! Thanks again for always teaching me something new and incredible! I especially like that you show how to use what's in our stash. hugs, de

Helen Wallace said...

The background texture and shimmer is truly festive. I would like to see it IRL. Love the image and the sentiment. Fabulous

SD pooja said...

I know the bg must be fantastic in real ,Its looks like vintage gold in photo and i loved that effect too :)

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful card Autumn, love the rich background.
avril xx

Lori Kobular said...

Love the textures on your beautiful card! Such rich colors!

Marjan said...

Very beautiful! Love the gold and bronze tones and especially the gorgeous background you made!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning, Autumn!! The colors look so amazing!! I love the texture and the image!! The is elegant and gorgeous my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely gorgeous design! Love the texture and metallic look of the background! :)

Ellibelle said...

This is absolutely amazing, wonderful metallic texture and gorgeous design with the ribbon, doily and flower.

Brenda Brown said...

A beautifully regal and opulent background Autumn and I love how the other elements add to the feel of it. Xxx

Vintagehandmade said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Autumn! I love the way how you did your fantastic background, so rich and so yummy! The colors and the image are simply fabulous! It's stunning, my friend! Big hugs! Branka xx

Redanne said...

This definitely has a regal feel to it Autumn and it is wonderfully elegant too. I love that you left so much of the background free, it would have been a shame to cover the whole thing up! Gorgeous, just gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xx

Debbie said...

Wow, just wow! This is absolutely gorgeous in the pics, so I can't imagine how wonderful it must look IRL!! Beautiful!
Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

LOVE how you did the background! If there was a PhD in crafting, you should totally be rewarded it! In fact, you should be the professor teaching it!

Marty F said...

This is indeed regal and elegant, Autumn! Love your new technique - hope to try that out sometime. Your stenciling is beautiful the way it stands out. I know exactly what you mean about projects that are hard to photograph - can't imagine this being even more beautiful than it looks here. Oh - I've said it before, but you have the best stamp collection :-) Hugs!!

DeBe said...

A stunning creation and thank you for such a clear step by step tutorial. Thank you for joining us at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck! Love Denyse (DT)

Susan said...

Gorgeous background!

craftytrog said...

Absolutely stunning! Xx

crafty-stamper said...

WOW just well just stunning love your background technique and if it wasn't so late would have got my paints out-very inspiring
Carol x

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful card. I love the background you created.

Alex H. said...

A beautiful card, the background is really elegant! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps Challenge!
;-) Alex H.

Evie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania.

Evie (DT)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my, you really have me drooling over this one, Autumn! That background is so exquisite - LOVE IT. And I like how you kept it simple and uncluttered. The image and your lovely flower and bow are the perfect focal points. Gorgeous take on Week #3.

Hugs,
Linda

Birgit said...

This background is really beautiful. You captured the antique elegance really well. I love the lady stamp as well

LauraVi said...

Sweet, regal, festive card!

sarascloset said...

Autumn, this is the prettiest Christmas card I've seen yet this year...I keep saying that, and then I see another one of yours, and have to say it again! Really, this is awesome and truly regal with the textured background---I'm so in love with this, I may have to case it to the best of my ability. But I'm sure it will not have the beauty and richness you've created. The Stamped image, the doily, flower, sentiment and ribbon are the perfect accompaniments, and this is one awesome design! Love it! Big hugs! PS We are kinda all over the place this weekend with Lauren being home and running all sorts of errands. I am waiting to open my package until I can savor it...I hope you understand.

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful vintage gold textured background, and though regally gilded there's also a gentleness about this which is so appealing. Lovely focal image.
Alison x

Popular Posts